Thursday, November 10, 2005

random musings

Ii told a few people at work today (including my boss) that we are in the process of adopting. I had clued them in very little up to this point on our TTC journey so they were a bit surprised to find that I had been dealing with infertility so long. The whole thing came up when we were looking through a catalog with lots of really nice jewelry in it. There was this great necklace that had 2 charms on it. One charm was engraved with "mother and daughter" and the other with the chinese characters for mother and daughter. I mentioned that I really wanted to buy that, and ended up explaining why.... The reactions were all so supportive and positive. A little surprised, but definitely all good vibes. Now I just have to order my necklace :) (although I will wait until after all the adoption fees are paid since things are going to be tight for a couple of months.)
Tomorrow brings the first home study visit, which has got me more excited than anything.
We also got more paperwork in the mail today that needs to be notarized. I get the feeling that my local bank is going to get to know me pretty well over the next couple of months of getting things signed and notarized. This weekend is the time we decided to finish the adoption agency's application. The only thing we really have left is to write out all of our financial info. Have to go look up life insurance policies, how much equity is in our house, what our retirement funds are at, etc.
I imagine that after all this is submitted and we are faced with many months of waiting and nothing to do, I'll miss the whole paper chase aspect of the adoption process. So I guess I should just enjoy it as it comes. Heck, soon we will be so busy with the baby, we'll have forgotton all about the amount of work it took to bring her home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home