Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The homestudy begins...

I just got off the phone with our social worker Judith. I dropped off our homestudy application first thing this morning on my way to work. She seems really nice and has 3 adopted children of her own (2 domestic, 1 international) and has been doing homestudies for 18 years. So not only has she seen it all, but she has been on both sides of the process as well. She's coming by Friday at 8AM (in 36 hours....) I am actually looking forward to meeting her, despite the fact that my house is still a disaster and I won't be able to get it done before she gets here. I mentioned that fact to her, and she just laughed and said she is skeptical when a house is actually really clean.... Good thing, because with 6 cats and 2 dogs, there is no such thing is really clean.
So tomorrow will be frantic running around trying to make it at least presentable.
We also got our adoption agency application in the mail today and I started filling that one out. We get to gather all of our financial records this weekend and actually figure out our net worth. That should be interesting. With the house, student loans and cars, it'll be scary to see how much debt we are in. At least we don't carry any credit card debt.....

and I even did my yoga today, what more can I ask of myself? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home