Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Preparations and paperwork

I spent the morning cleaning and organizing the house in preparation for our home study. We just moved into this house at the end of May and while we are mostly unpacked, there are all the little things. There are boxes still lying around attracting large amounts of dust and cat hair. There are those things that you can't part with but don't really know where to put. How did we acquire so much stuff????
My goal for the week is to find homes for all of our things and to get rid of things we don't have any use for. Easier said than done since I'm a total packrat.
I also started to look for a scrapbook cover for our adoption life book. I'll put some of these entries in there, as well as photos and momentos from the entire adoption process.

Today is also the day to get some paperwork notarized so I can get the homestudy application officially in the mail.
It's a perfect New England fall day, so I am going to get myself outside for some fresh air and exercise.

......

I had a nice relaxing afternoon with a facial and shiatsu massage. I also managed to get my errands run (mostly). I did manage to find a scrapbook I liked for our adoption lifebook, so I will start on that soon as well.

I have decided to get back to practicing yoga daily. My back needs it and it is so good for relaxation. I just finished 1 hour of practice and I just feel so much better. Now if I can just convince myself tomorrow that 1 hour of yoga is much better for me than 1 more hour of television.....

Tomorrow I officially submit the homestudy application. I am going to drop it by the social worker's office in the morning because it is just as easy as taking it to the post office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home